**REGISTRATION IS CLOSED for 2022!**
We have received an ample amount of applications to fill in all of our camp spots and have an active waiting list. Thank you for your interest in Junior Police Academy. Any updates will be provided on this site and Georgetown Police Department’s Facebook page.
Junior Police Academy Registration Form
The Georgetown Police Department is hosting its 8th annual Junior Police Academy this summer. The JPA is a camp designed to strengthen the connection between law enforcement and local youth ages 8-12, giving them a chance to see what it’s like to become a cadet police officer over their summer vacation.
The free camp, geared toward Georgetown students, is modeled after the police academies that adults attend to become sworn peace officers.
Camps are Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Camp sessions are:
- June 6-9 (10 yr -12 yr)
- June 13-16 (8 yr – 10 yr)
- July 18-21 (10 yr – 12 yr)
- July 25-28 (8 yr – 10 yr)
- August 1-4 (10 yr – 12 yr)
There are only 28 slots available for each camp. Online applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis.
NEED TO KNOW: ACADEMY RULES
To ensure the safety of all, participants are expected to follow the rules and guidelines. We wish for the academy to be a fun and enjoyable experience for all who attend.
- Cadets will be expected to maintain a respectful attitude towards classmates and instructors.
- Cadets will adhere to a “no touch” policy.
- Cadets are expected to keep up with their personal belongings and should limit what they bring to class only to the items needed.
- Electronic devices may not be used or visible. Please leave them at home.
- Cadets will be expected to participate in all class activities. If a cadet is unable, instructors should be given notice of the cadet’s physical limitations prior to the start of the academy.
- Uniform: Wear black shorts and the issued JPA t-shirt. Please note these may need to be washed nightly. Socks and athletic shoes should be worn each day. Shorts must extend to fingertip length when standing and no longer than the bottom of the knee.
Violation of the rules may result in removal from the class for the day. Subsequent violations may result in expulsion from the academy.
2022 Junior Police Academy will be following the City of Georgetown safety policies/guidelines.