GPD Internship Program
Are you passionate about law enforcement and eager to make a difference in your community? The Georgetown Texas Police Department is excited to announce our new Internship Program, offering an unparalleled opportunity to gain hands-on experience in the field of policing. As an intern with us, you’ll work alongside dedicated professionals, learn essential skills, and contribute to ensuring safety and security for all residents of Georgetown.
To be eligible for our Internship Program, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- No conviction of an offense above the grade of Class B or a Class B misdemeanor within the last 10 years.
- No placement on court-ordered community supervision or probation for any criminal offense above the grade of Class B misdemeanor, or for a Class B misdemeanor within the last ten years from the date of the court order.
- No conviction of any offense involving Family Violence as defined by the Texas Penal Code.
- Not discharged from the military under less than honorable conditions, or resigned to avoid such.
Substance Use Policy:
The Georgetown Texas Police Department maintains strict guidelines regarding substance use. Applicants will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in the following areas:
- Usage of alcohol, controlled substances, illegal use of prescription medication, or marijuana will be evaluated based on type, frequency, experimental nature, and recency of use.
- Applicants who have used illegal drugs beyond an experimental level are not acceptable.
- No use of any felony grade controlled substance within the last five years, unless prescribed by a licensed physician.
- No abuse of prescription medication within the last three years.
- No use or consumption of marijuana or its derivatives within the last two years.
- Involvement in the illegal delivery or furnishing of any controlled substance or drug to another, with the expectation of personal benefit, will result in permanent disqualification.
If you meet these qualifications and are ready to embark on an exciting journey in law enforcement, we invite you to apply for our Internship Program. Together, let’s build a safer community for all. Apply now and be a part of our dedicated team at the Georgetown Texas Police Department!
To apply, click here.
The Georgetown Texas Police Department is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.