Do you have a child that is interested in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice Field and/or wants a prep for GPD Explorer Program? We will host a new camp geared toward 13-14 yrs olds. This camp will be held from June 20th – 22nd. 8 am-4 pm. (3 days only). This camp will be focused on preparing cadets for our GPD Explorer program and more geared towards what the Explorer Program teaches and performs.
Exploring is the young adult career education program of learning for life for both young men and women who are aged 14 through 20 years of age. Law Enforcement Exploring is a youth development program centered on law enforcement careers. Law Enforcement Explorers might choose to take part in crime prevention activities, community policing, traffic control, fingerprinting, patrol procedures, and court systems.
The bottom line is that this JPA Academy is an action-oriented, hands-on career discovery program. GPD Explorer Post 152
*REGISTRATION HAS CLOSED! *
Junior Police Academy Registration Form
The Georgetown Police Department is hosting its 9th annual Junior Police Academy this summer. The JPA is a camp designed to strengthen the connection between law enforcement and local youth ages 8-12, giving them a chance to see what it is like to become a cadet police officer over their summer vacation.
The free camp, geared toward Georgetown students, is modeled after the police academies that adults attend to become sworn peace officers. Due to the large number of registrations, we receive each year, we are only accepting GEORGETOWN RESIDENT CHILDREN into our camps this year.
Camps are Monday-Thursday from 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Camp sessions are:
June 5 – 8 (10 yr -12 yr)
June 12 -15 (8 yr – 10 yr)
June 20th-23rd (13 yr – 14 yr) (Limited to 20 participants)
July 17 – 20 (10 yr – 12 yr)
July 31 – August 3 (8 yr – 10 yr)
There are only 30 slots available for each camp. Online applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. If the camp you wish to sign your child up for is full, you will be placed on a waitlist. In the event a participant must cancel their attendance, we will be contacting persons on the waitlist in the order registrations were received. Please ensure you provide the best contact information.
NEED TO KNOW: ACADEMY RULES
To ensure the safety of all, participants are expected to follow the rules and guidelines. We wish for the academy to be a fun and enjoyable experience for all who attend.
- Cadets will be expected to maintain a respectful attitude towards classmates and instructors.
- Cadets will adhere to a “no touch” policy.
- Cadets are expected to keep up with their personal belongings and should limit what they bring to class only to the items needed.
- Electronic devices may not be used or visible. Please leave them at home.
- Cadets will be expected to participate in all class activities. If a cadet is unable, instructors should be given notice of the cadet’s physical limitations prior to the start of the academy.
- Uniform: Wear black shorts and the issued JPA t-shirt. Please note these may need to be washed nightly. Socks and athletic shoes should be worn each day. Shorts must extend to fingertip length when standing and no longer than the bottom of the knee.
Violation of the rules may result in removal from the class for the day. Subsequent violations may result in expulsion from the academy.
2023 Junior Police Academy will be following the City of Georgetown safety policies/guidelines.